Bonnie’s first gotcha day (year since we adopted her) is coming up next month on Halloween so I’ve been thinking about what goodies to get her. I thought I would put together a few different wishlists with some ideas and although we won’t be able to get everything at once, we can use it as a shopping list for her gotcha day, Christmas and whenever we want to spoil her.
So going to start the wishlists with toys! I have included links to where they can be bought, no affiliate links, I just spend too much time trying to finding the best deals!
- Chuckit Ultra Balls – Bonnie loves to chase balls but she tends to pick the fluff off of tennis style balls like the Kong Air balls and tear them up so hoping these will last a bit longer since there is no fluff to tempt her!
- Chuckit Ultra Squeaker Ball – What could be better than a ball? A ball that squeaks of course! Bonnie just can’t get enough of squeaker balls and we’ve learned to live with interpreting TV/films over the squeaking!
- Nerf Squeaker Football – Another squeaker ball, Bonnie’s best doggy friend Dougal has one of these, it makes the funniest noises as well as bouncing erratically so this should be a hit with her.
- Rabbit Squeaker Tug– Yet another squeaker but this time in a rabbit fur tug toy. When we first got Bonnie she didn’t know how to tug and was very hesitant in using her mouth to take anything like dentastixs, balls and even her Kong from our hands. So to raise her confidence I’ve used clicker training to help her enjoy tug and hoping to increase her tug drive by using something a bit more interesting than a rope toy.
- Rabbit Chaser Tug – Another rabbit tug toy but this one has a long handle so you can use it like a flirt pole and wiggle it around the ground to get a good game of chase going.
- Squeaking Mouse Teaser Cat Toy – Yes this is a cat toy in a dog toy wishlist… But I’ll tell you now that Bonnie is totally obsessed with this. Another dog in our training class has very little toy motivation unless food is involved so the owner has tried all sorts of toys to see if he likes anything. So one day she brought this into class and brought it out to show us and I have never seen Bonnie so playful, she is usually quite reserved but she was really going for it! I think this will be brilliant as a reward as well as training impulse control.
I can’t wait to get some of these for Bonnie, she’s still coming out of her shell and learning to play with humans even now after being with us so long, so it always makes my day when we have a good play session together. 😀